You may recently have seen information in the press and elsewhere about a number of scam campaigns and phishing attacks that are currently active. Some are familiar, while others are trying to capitalise on people’s concerns about the current situation.
There are too many scams and phishing attacks around for us to keep you up to date on all of them, so we’d like to refer you to several useful sources of information that you can use to find out about current scam campaigns, understand how to identify scams and find links to report them.
- Thames Valley Police have information on scams and other concerns on their advice pages
- Thames Valley Alert provides regular updates on crimes, including cyber crime, applicable to our area. The information is published on their website, where you can also sign up for regular alerts
- The National Cyber Security Centre has information on identifying, reacting to and protecting yourself to cyber threats
- Cyber Aware, published by NCSC, provides specific information on staying safe online during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Get Safe Online also offer information, advice and an alerting service
We hope that this information will help you feel safer online in these difficult times.